1. Boost your search engine optimisation (SEO).
• A video on your index page can make your site 50x more likely to appear on a Google first results page, if you link back from YouTube to your site.
• Google has already begun to factor in the use of video on a web page when determining where it ranks on a results page – after posting a video to your site potential clients will more easily locate your URL and its video content.
• People like it – over 21 billion videos are watched online every month worldwide.
2. Keep visitors on your site for longer.
• Video is one of the best ways of increasing the amount of time visitors spend on your site. Video appeals to anyone who wants easy access to information.
• 60% of us are visual learners.
• Retention of information is 6x greater when presented visually and orally.
• Video widens your potential audience because it adds an extra communication channel.
3. Improve the experience for a visitor to your site.
• By including video on your site, you are offering viewers some entertainment and a welcome break from text-heavy web pages. When reading online we are about 25% slower than when reading a book.
• Video is an interactive medium and an opportunity to target potential clients.
• You can use video to promote new products and to notify customers of upcoming specials.
4. Find new customers
• By uploading a corporate video to a social networking site, you are opening up the possibility to getting the attention of people that otherwise would never have found you.
• YouTube has over 500 million unique users worldwide every month, producing around 92 billion page views/month.
• An estimated 3 billion hours are spent on YouTube every month.
• On average there are more than 400 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link.
5. Add a personal touch
• Including yourself or a member of staff in a corporate video is an effective way of creating a more personal relationship with viewers.
• Video brings: a face to the name, shows body-language, voice and personality.
• It can tell your audience a lot more about you than just the written word.