Choosing a presenting style is no easy task. Should you use one of your staff, a professional presenter or get your clients to do the talking? The presenter is usually the first person the viewer sees or hears – so it’s important to chose the right person. To assist in your decision, we’ve compared the benefits of three styles of corporate video presenting.
Using one of your own
You don’t have to be a famous celebrity or professional TV personality to present a video. A knowledgeable member of staff can be very compelling:
• The viewer will associate the company with the face, voice and body language of the presenter, thus the presenter will act as the brand.
• Nobody knows a company better than its staff, the message you wish to convey may be industry specific and a member of staff will tell your story best.
• A good option for companies on a strict budget.
• Suitable to a promotional style or ‘how to’ video that will be uploaded to the company website, sent to prospective employees and used in trade-shows etc.
Remember, this route is only a success if the presenter is a confident public speaker. If every senior member of staff in your company is camera shy, the next option may be more suitable for your company.
Bring the professionals in
This is the most commonly used option when making corporate video. You can choose an actor, regional news reporter or even a celebrity. The benefits include:
• Professionalism, warmth and engagement, authority and an interaction with the viewer. A presenter can deliver a script in a natural and engaging way.
• Suitable for a report on what the company does or a news item.
• It is a good way to show and promote new developments within a company to prospective business partners or as a training video for future and current employees.
• Ideal for the promo-style piece.
Let your clients do the talking
The third option is the client testimonial. Who better to promote your company than happy clients?
• Your video would consist of a montage of shots of your customers singing your praises.
• This will build customer trust and so lead to increased sales.
• The client testimonial has a greater impact on potential clients than the company talking about itself – this is often the best promotion a company can get.